Jonathan said he returned from the London last week and not from Cote d’Ivoire as reported in the media.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has described media reports that he returned from Cote d’Ivoire last Wednesday, where he had planned to go on self-exile for fear of being arrested, as insensitive and tendentious.
Jonathan said he returned from the London last week having visited many countries including United States , United Kingdom, Senegal and Cote d’Ivoire on a six-week long international engagements and speaking tour.
This was contained in a statement signed by the former president’s media aide, Ikechukwu Eze .
The statement said: We are inclined to proclaim straightaway that this claim or any insinuation to Dr. Jonathan’s contemplation of exile is not only false, tendentious but inciting.
“We maintain as Dr. Jonathan has himself stated, that the former President has no intention of turning his back on Nigeria, a homeland he served diligently as President, to the best of his abilities.
“It is instructive to note that while This Day continues to insist that Jonathan came from Cote d’Ivoire, the former President actually returned to the country last Wednesday evening from London, after visiting many countries including United States, United Kingdom, Senegal and Cote d’Ivoire on a six-week long international engagements and speaking tour.”
Jonathan had visited President
Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa on Saturday, June 4, and according to report, Niger Delta violence was top on the agenda of their meeting.