The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has released the list of the 10 man team (Aaron Team) that will negotiate with the Federal Government.
According to Punch, the list is made up of prominent Nigerians who have made their mark in the country. They are:
1. Henry Odein Ajumogobia, (Rivers), Team leader
2. Bismark Jemide Rewane (Delta) -Awaiting re-confirmation
3. Senator Florence Ita-Giwa (Cross River).
4. High Chief Government Ekpemupolo (Delta) – Awaiting confirmation.
5. Ledum Mitee (Rivers)
6. Lawson Omokhodion (Edo)
7. Ibanga Isine (Akwa Ibom)
8. Senator Adolphus Wabara (Abia)
9. Alfred Isename (Edo)
10. Timipa Jenkins Okponipere, Esq. (Bayelsa) – Team secretary.
MEND also called on the government to reach Ajumogobia, who is the Aaron team leader, if they are interested in holding talks.
The militant group said “We therefore hope that the Federal Government shall reach out to the Aaron Team Leader, Mr. Odein Ajumogobia, to signal government intention to commence the dialogue. If after two weeks from the date of publication of this Right of Reply, we don’t hear from the Federal Government, MEND shall safely assume that the government is truly not sincere about the dialogue on the Niger Delta question and responds only to the threat of violence or industrial action.”
The former minister of foreign affairs,
Odein Ajumogobia had earlier denied accepting to represent » the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND).