The consumption of alcohol has always been a big deal in the Church.
Some people that it is sin as it leads to drunkenness, something the Bible frowns upon and then, there is the opposing team.
This second group justify drinking by saying that Jesus Christ condoned it because He turned water to wine.
I think the only way to solve this by going back to the blueprint, the Word of God.
Here are five things the Bible says about drinking.
1. Romans 14:21 – “It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to “to drink wine, nor anything whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.”
2. Proverbs 20:1 – “Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.”
3. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor DRUNKARDS, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”
4. Romans 13:13 – “Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting (drunken partying) and drunkenness (general drunken-ness)…”
5. Ephesians 5:18 — “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;”